Rev. Daniel T. Straughn, S.T.L., Pastor

Liberty Site
3210 Liberty Way, McKeesport, PA 15133

Weekday Masses: Mon., Wed. & Fri. - 8:30 a.m.
Sunday Mass: Sat. Vigil 6pm
Port Vue Site
1125 Romine Ave
McKeesport, PA 15133

Weekday Masses: Tues., Thurs. & Sat. - 8:30 a.m.

Sunday Masses: 8am & 11am
Administration Ctr.
1125 Romine Avenue
McKeesport, PA 15133
Email Us
412-678-MARK (6275)
Fax: 412-673-1393

Hours: 9am - 1pm - Mon., Tues., Thurs., Fri.
Bulletin deadline: Thurs. 12:00 noon

Father Rowan Hall 412-678-3443
Parish Nurse 412-754-0317
Religious Education Office
412-678-6275 x100
Youth Group 412-678-6275 x105
Mary of Nazareth Catholic School

5:15 p.m. Sat. at the Liberty Site and upon request.

Engaged couples are to participate in a Marriage Preparation Class. Please call the Administration Center six months prior to the anticipated wedding date.

Baptisms are the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month after the 11:00 a.m. Mass (PV). Pre-Baptism Class is required. please contact the Administration Center three months prior to the anticipated birth.

History of Saint Mark Parish

Saint Mark Parish was established as a parish community in October of 1993 as part of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  The parish, which encompasses two worship sites – one located in Liberty Boro and one located in Port Vue Boro – was formed to bring forth a vibrant people of prayer, faith and hope.  Reverend Gerald Mikonis was appointed the first pastor of Saint Mark Parish.  The first Mass was celebrated in the auditorium of South Allegheny High School.

In addition to the church, the other buildings that are Located on the grounds of the Port Vue site are the parish administration center, youth house, food bank and Saint Joseph Regional School.  The worship site in Liberty Boro includes the church and rectory.  The Port Vue site consists of a combined church/school building.  The cornerstone for this building was laid on March 28, 1954, and the completed building was dedicated on August 15, 1954.  The cornerstone for the Liberty Boro site was laid on March 26, 1961.  The completed building was dedicated on May 6, 1962.

In February of 2011, Reverend Daniel T. Straughn (Father Daniel) was appointed the new pastor of Saint Mark Parish.  Reverend Gerald Mikonis (Father Jerry) was pastor at Saint Mark for eighteen years.  Since its incorporation, Saint Mark Parish has evolved into a vital part of the community.  Even though loss of industry and a declining population has proven to be challenging, Saint Mark Parish is alive.  God has truly blessed this parish over the years.  Our pastors, with their dedication to the church and vocations, have led this parish to new heights.  Saint Mark Parish has continued to grow and flourish, recognizing the spiritual needs of the community and working to meet those needs through worship, ministry and service.  The various parish ministries and outreach programs of the parish are continually growing.  The faithful of this parish community, approximately 1260 families, contribute time, charity and many volunteer efforts.  Today, Saint Mark Parish represents the Church Alive.