Saint Mark Parish is hosting a Polka Mass, Mardi Gras and Dance on Saturday, 25 February 2017. The evening festivities begin with a POLKA MASS at 6:00PM at Saint Mark Parish, Liberty Site, Saint Eugene church. MARDI GRAS festivities begin in Father Rowan Hall following the Mass. Admission to Mardi Gras festivities is $10.00 and includes DANCING from 7:30PM to 10:30PM to the sounds of Jack Tady and the Tady Bears. Food menu includes: Stuffed Cabbage, Haluski, Hot Sausage, Salad, Beer and Soft Drinks. BYOB. Tickets are sold before and after all weekend Masses or by calling the Parish Office at: (412) 678-6275; Elena Plan (412) 706-1766; Cathy Esack (412) 980-2918; and at the door. Come and join in the fun!!!!
2016 Stanley Cup Champions! A chance to win TWO tickets to a game on Friday, 24 March 2017 Pittsburgh Penguins vs. New York Islanders at 7pm at the PPG Paints Arena PLUS $100 CASH. Tickets available before and after all weekend Masses, at the Administration Center or by calling Elena Plan at 412-706-1766. Winning number taken from 7pm PA Lottery Daily Pick 3, first number drawn, on Monday, 20 March 2017. Donation: $5.00 per ticket with two chances to win per ticket.
For everyone’s safety, a delay or cancellation at South Allegheny is our notice of the cancellation of morning Mass or Communion Service. Please listen to the radio or watch TV for delays or cancellations. Safety first! Be careful! For Saturday & Sunday MASSES, if we experience severe weather, PLEASE stay home. Your Sunday obligation is dispensed. Again, safety first! Be careful!
MARK YOUR CALENDARS for our SAINT MARK PARISH FESTIVAL 3,4,5 AUGUST 2017
Help make this year’s festival better than ever! If you are interested in being involved with the festival please contact Cathy Esack at: 412-980-2918 or 412-672-8666.
SNOW…ICE…FREEZING…AUGUST…??? SAINT MARK PARISH FESTIVAL It hardly seems possible, but it is time to plan and prepare for our Parish Festival. As you may know the specialty baskets are a very important and fun part of our festival. In order to put together those beautiful baskets, we need your help! Please keep in mind the Christmas and Valentine and even Saint Patrick merchandise that will go on sale post holidays. Please put any new items at the entrance of either worship site marked Specialty Baskets. Thank you. You are what makes our Festival the best in the area and our baskets the most talked about!
Tips to prepare ourselves for extreme weather conditions:
- Have an emergency kit with food, water, medicine and blankets/clothing to last for at least 72 hours.
- Never use a generator, grill, etc., inside a home.
- If a carbon monoxide alarm sounds, move quickly to a fresh air location or open a window or door.
- Bring pets inside during winter weather.
- Stay indoors as much as possible. If you must go outside, wear several layers of loose-fitting, lightweight, warm clothing. Wear a hat and scarf.
- When outdoors, watch for signs of frostbite and hypothermia.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeinated beverages.
- Check on older neighbors to make sure they are safe during periods of severe weather.
- Be informed, make a plan, build a kit, and get involved.
Time is a uniquely valuable Gift from God. What will YOU do with this personal gift from God, which is unique to you? Think of God first in everything you do.
• Pray often! Thank God for your life, your health, your family. Pray 10 times a day, maybe 100, just say “thank you Lord”. Talk to Him, He will listen.
• Give a warm heartfelt greeting to every one you meet; be friendly and kind.
• Play a game with your children or friends that THEY want to play.
• Volunteer at church and/or help in a community project.
• Visit someone who is sick, in the hospital or in a nursing home.
• Read the Bible.
It is important for our records to reflect you as an active member of Saint Mark Parish through your use of your weekly offertory envelopes. Even if you are unable to give a monetary donation, please put your empty envelope in the offertory basket. If you are in need of envelopes, please notify the parish secretary.
Active parish church membership is a requirement for those who may be asked to be Godparents for a Baptism or a Sponsor for Confirmation.
Active parish church membership is also a requirement for those who register their children in Catholic schools. God draws us to Him at Mass.
6 March 2017, 7pm at Corpus Christi Parish
1 May 2017, 7pm at Saint Robert Bellarmine
If necessary, Father Daniel can accommodate parents’ schedules by appointment. Please call to schedule a meeting with him.